Pane in the Glass

Everyday journal of Fiona Glass

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
Help - trash!
Well, not literally.  ;)  But if there's anyone out there living in or familiar with America, please can you let me know what the US equivalent of a dustbin man is?  In other words, the men (and women) who come round to your homes and collect your trash/garbage every week? I'm assuming it's something ike 'refuse collector' or 'garbage collector' but when I googled those I got a load of rubbish (no pun intended *g*) about clean-up computer software and nothing about real life trash!

I'm writing a story for an American market and I've realised that the UK term 'bin men' will probably baffle the editors, which is Not A Good Thing.

If anyone can let me know either in the comments or by email I'll be very much obliged.  :)

  • 1
Thanks so much for coming to the rescue! One or two other sources have suggested the same thing so I'll go with that. At least it should make *some* sense to the poor bewildered editors. ;)

  • 1

Log in

No account? Create an account